Орден Красного Знамени - Type V (Elliptical) by the Moscow and Leningrad Mints (1951-1991). Instituted September 16, 1918, the Order of the Red Banner was awarded for heroism in combat or otherwise extraordinary accomplishments of military valour during combat operations. Prior to 1930, the Order of the Red Banner was the highest military order of the USSR. It is constructed out of a die cast silver base with white and red enamel work that has been bronze wash and finished off in a clear lacquer coating. The obverse features a wreathed crossed hammer and sickle, on top of a red start, on top of a crossed torch and red flag with the inscription: “ПРОЛЕТАРИИ ВСЕХ СТРАН СОЕДИНЯЙТЕСЬ” (Proletaries of all Countries Unit), on top of a riveting hammer and plow, on top of a white background with a red bannered “C.C.C.P” (USSR) and two wheat panicles to the bottom. The semi-fullback reverse reads: “МОНЕТНЫЙ ДВОР” (Coin Yard) above the engraved order number “407208” (c.1954). To the top is an integral loop and ring holding a red and white nickel ribbon bar. The reverse has a crimped on pin assembly that remains in well working condition. The award measures 1 7/16 inches wide by 1 3/4 inches tall.
We would recommend that you read our Policies page before making a purchase.